Thursday, October 1, 2009

the most satisfying meal

I've always been fond of the culinary arts. There is nothing like working from 6am to 5pm and then coming home to whip up a nice healthy, satisfying, homemade dinner. Tonight was no exception. I came home, changed and immediately went to Stop and Shop where I purchased fresh asparagus and a stuffed filet of some unidentifiable white fish (it was raw----therefore needing to be cooked----at home---thus home cooked). I came home, threw the asparagus in boiling water, the fish in the oven, and poured myself a glass of golden chardonnay. The perfect meal to enjoy in the company of the Dead Poet's Society. Which sentimentally reminds me of another poetry society....and my dear friends....the Caged Bohemians. I raise my glass to you! Or I would, if I was a drinker, but I've stopped drinking you know...Yes this night is absolutely divine.

For a Thursday.

The only damper on tonight would be a broken thermostat in the midst of this New England cold spell. It's a good thing that thermostats usually work... because if mine happened to be broken, I don't know if I could survive the cold....cuddled in sweats under a blanket with the dog....nearly able to see my breath...still cold.....shivering cold....another glass of wine won't even warm you up cold....yeah, it's a good thing my thermostat isn't broken....I just don't know how to turn it on!

Do you believe in Natural Selection? I don't think I can.....my existance proves it's survival of the lucky, not the fittest....

No comments: