Tuesday, February 16, 2010

eh, another one bites the dust

Sure his name was "Sparkles"- eh, guy rugby players always have wierd nicknames - I could have gotten past that. (maybe....)

he bought me a drink - eh, so did a lot of people that night, like 6 other people....

he told me i looked like i had walked right out of the Great Gatsby. I laughed at his jokes - so he assumed I had read the book. I told him it was a classic and then listed off all of the other classics (A Tale of Two Cities, Pride and Prejudice, Beowulf, The Odessy, The Great Gatsby....) eh, everyone who is anyone reads all the classics - if he called, I was going to power through the Great Gatsby before meeting up with him.

he had a few pluses:
he has 2 labradors
he teaches middle school history
he's 28

eh, he's not striking, but he was interesting enough to get my number - at least most of it, I didn't give him the area code.

so, he is either too dumb to figure out the area code (i told him where i lived - he was a local yokle, he should have known) or he is too dumb to ask me out.

eh, i was out of his league. i think we both knew it - but he didn't let me push him around or bully him (well, he did, but he called me out for interrorgating him and made me laugh) so i was going to give him a chance.

eh, there will be another one next weekend. maybe the cashier at trader joes - he gives me free stuff all the time and with all the ice cream and organic soy products i buy, he must know i'm single.

Sparkles, thanks for the Whiskey Sour, but, eh, don't bother calling.

1 comment:

t. said...

i dated a "Jiggles" rugby dude once. funny names, true.

if you dont like Sparkles, send him my way. i dont need a man but i could sure as hell use a whiskey sour.