I don't do well with long term projects. I am a sit and get it all done without taking a break to eat/sleep/relax - and then once it's done, 100% done, I move on. I don't like to leave things unfinished (haha in any sense of the word unfinished - I think I might be the only person I know who gets the last word in a conversation and then re-initiates the conversation just to get the last word in again!)
My new blog is still a work in progress. 90%. But that's because I had an offer I couldn't refuse - professional help in making my blog legit.
My new bookcase I bought from Ikea - 90%. I hate it right now. I didn't anchor the thing into the wall because 1) the wall screw that I thought was exactly what I needed is crap - so it's leave it in the wall as crap, or pull it out and leave an unsightly hole and 2) I guess I need a drill because I can't screw a screw into the stupid bookcase itself - and believe me, I tried! Now, I don't have a problem going to the hardware store to buy a stupid drill, but I do have a problem using one! And their really isn't anyone I know to ask right now to teach me.
So here is my unfinished project that I've been working on for 2 hours - and I guess I'll just load it up and hope it doesn't squish me before I find another boyfriend with "fix stuff around the house" skills.
This is exactly why I was telling my friends that I wasn't interested in the self-employed-PhD-holding-tri-lingual- six-figure-earning-downtown-Manhattan-Condo-owning Italian man: I doubt he has real tools.
1 comment:
i so agree. my favorite gifts from boyfriends have been things like a new car antenna, or help on a power-tools-required project...
Post a Comment