Here are a few of my favorite quotes from the ladies:
From Jane Austen:
"There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."
"I could easily forgive his pride, if he had not mortified mine."
"Run mad as often as you choose, but do not faint!"
"I may have lost my heart, but not my self-control. "
"The more I know of the world, the more I am convinced that I shall never see a man whom I can really love. I require so much!"
"A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From Audrey Hepburn:
"I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it."
"Your heart just breaks, that's all. But you can't judge or point fingers. You just have to be lucky enough to find someone who appreciates you."
"Paris is always a good idea."
"I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles"
"I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person."
"I don't want to be alone, I want to be left alone."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From Marilyn Monroe:
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
"A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left."
"I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love."
"Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world."
"Ever notice how 'What the hell' is always the right answer?"
"I want to grow old without facelifts. I want to have the courage to be loyal to the face I have made."
"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, I agree with all of the above. But since this is my blog, I feel like I owe a few of my own words:
First of all, you must understand, I'm all or nothing. You'll never get part of me. You'll get all of me - or you just won't get me at all.
It's not that I'm a walking contradiction as much as I only ever agree partially with nearly, but not completely, everything.
I'm crazy. I can cry like the only girl who has ever known heartbreak, I can laugh until I'm in such physical pain that tears stream down my cheeks. I can change my mind before I've made it up. I can dream bigger than anyone I know - and show no fear when it comes to chasing those dreams down. I'm loud. I'm not clingy, but when I'm scared or hurting I really just want someone around and don't understand people who won't be there for me. I talk too much, but keep a lot to myself.
I have an unlimited capacity to forgive; but when my trust in someone is broken, it never mends. I think that's because my resilient warrior heart heals much more rapidly than my fragile sensitive ego.
I can never seem to convince myself to fall in love with the right person. I break my own heart more often than not. I still hope - but I don't watch romantic comedies anymore -they activate my gag reflex - so I've decided to give zombie movies a shot.
And yes, I would also say, "Paris is always a good idea." - And here's a blog to prove it:
| from: http://www.parisdailyphoto.com/2010/08/rider-on-storm.html |
1 comment:
Jam, I've never really wanted to go to Paris other than to check it off the list. But now you've got me thinking...
Post a Comment