1. The Parker at Palm Springs
http://www.theparkerpalmsprings.com/photos/
"We believe in the American country club experience: mixed doubles, a long steam, and a stiff cocktail.
We believe in inner beauty. But, do what you can on the outside.
We believe in old-world etiquette and new age simplicity.
We believe you can swim right after you eat.
We believe we should trust those seeking enlightenment and doubt those who claim to have found it.
We believe the earth is three-quarters water, and your body is three-quarters water, and... this is purely coincidence.
We believe in good sport as well as fitness: Pétanque and Pastis, Pimms Cup and Croquet, Snooker and single malt whiskey.
We believe you are only young once... but you can be immature forever."
Come on - does that not sound divine!? The classic American Country Club experience - I'm feeling something between Great Gatsby and Dirty Dancing...
2. Glamping!
Admittedly, I scoffed at the idea of "glamour camping" when I first heard abou it - I mean, sleeping under the stars is supposed to come at the price of peeing behind the trees, right? That's the camping "experience." But then I started reading about the options available for interested "Glampers" and honestly, I am kinda in love with the idea of "French Gypsy glamour meets Scottish bohemia in luxurious roulette"
http://www.canopyandstars.co.uk/
or spending $455 per night to sleep in a tent state-side....
http://goglamping.net/americas/
3. My Fantasy Hotel
Staying in the historic Westin St. Francis in San Fransisco, CA. This hotel has captured everything romantic in my imagination since I first rode the glass elevators up and down for half an hour and admired the view of the city. It has been in every romantic fantasy from my first innocent love at 19 through my most recent lover and current loves.
Part of me wants to save my first stay at the WSF for a vacation with "the one" - but part of me wants to stop being so nastalgic and just go! I'll be in San Fran for a wedding in December....
http://www.westinstfrancis.com/photo_tour/index.cfm
4. Tree House City:
Still in love with the treehouse in Swiss Family Robinson - I'm totally going to have to stay in these lovely west coast dwellings, maybe when I go check out the Red Woods.
http://www.thetreehouses.com/index.html
5. Strawberry Park For-ev-er
I could really stand to go for a dip sans clothing at Strawberry Park. Check this place out - practically in my grandparent's back yard, bathing suits optional after 9pm. It's one of my all time favortie get aways. There is something so liberating about swimming in the nude and these hot springs are so warm, you can go swimming even when there is snow on the ground.
http://www.strawberryhotsprings.com/2005/gallery.php
No comments:
Post a Comment