This does not mean I'm a photographer. But Posing is one of my favorite past times....
So, the other day in NYC I had the perfect shot -
Subway - empty - orange and red and yellow seats - shiney and clean.
One other person in a perfect brown outfit, pants, jacket, shoes. Newsboy hat from the 1930's.
It was urban fall. I almost started to drool!
Oh, I wanted to snap a picture of him!!!!!
Just as he was - perfectly slouched in the seat, long legs stretching across the car.
But I'm not a photographer. I don't just snap pictures of people.....not without asking first.
So I said, "Excuse me, do you mind if I take your picture?"
He smiled. "What?"
"Do you mind if I take your picture, I love the way your outfit goes with the colors in the subway!"
He stood up, leaned against the rail and said, "Sure."
I grimaced. SNAP. The shot was ruined - he posed. But I thanked him just as well.
"Are you like a photographer or something," he wanted to know.
and I said, "No. No, not a photographer, you know, I'm just trying to pay better attention to my surroundings and I noticed that taking pictures and watching for good opportunities to take pictures helps. Like, it helps me appreciate the beauty around me. Helps me be happy where I am....wherever I am."
He nodded. And exited the subway at the next stop - almost tripping as he pushed through the doors before they had completely opened.
Posing. I love it. I could be a fashion blogger, an artist, or the crazy lady that rides the subway all day long.
| Me, the next big fashion blogger poser |
1 comment:
Digital? Snap the photo, then offer to delete it if they ever object.
Post a Comment