Stop. take a seat.
on the floor, on the grass, on a chair or a table, a bed or rug or ottoman
sit cross-legged
as a eager pre-schooler, hungry to learn
let your knees rest upon your heels
and close your eyes
arch your back
take a breath
relax every muscle
from your scalp
to the lowest point in your back
and take three deep breaths
in
out
and in
out
innnnnnnnnnn
out....
now, you're ready.
Open your mouth to the softest shape of a relaxed O it can form
and sigh.......ahhhhhhhh
now bring your tounge up to lightly tickle the tip of your front teeth
and in one teasing quick motion
flick it away
.......tuh
now seal your lips in silent satisfaction
and let the reverberating hum ring from your nose to the back of your earlobes
mmmmmmmmmm
autum
it rolls from the tounge, bounces off the teeth and ends in the very sound of fulfillment
aahhhh----tuh---mmmmmmm
autum
a word evoking the very feelings of changing colors, of deepening reds and oranges, of crisp cider and spicy, cool breezes. Of the first microscopic flakes of snow, of bright mittens, hats and scarves.
Autum.
Clearly, the most beautiful word in the english language.
1 comment:
Okay, Literally, I saw that you had commented via email earlier this afternoon. When you talked about the blog this evening, that is what I had presumed you were talking about. I had not even read this blog yet.
Here is the situation: I had just arrived home... about ready to chill for a while to a dvd before going to bed not so long after when, before anything, I ended up thinking maybe I misunderstood and you had actually written a piece regarding said topic... I checked, standing, with dvd in hand, and read. Seriously.......... that was awesome.... I literally chucked the dvd on the ground to begin writing this response. Honestly, did you come up with that spur of the moment or has that always been your reasoning for which 'autumn' has and shall be the prettiest word in the English language?
Post a Comment