Monday, June 28, 2010

noticias

At work, we always have the news on -FOX or CNN, sometimes both at once - it's important to keep up with what is going on in the world. But after the past year here, I'm getting a little burned on news media.

So today, I flipped the tv on and put the news on.....in Spanish.

Despiertate America!

Already, my Monday is off to a good start. I feel like this could be one vital step towards regaining my fluency in Spanish. Plus, foreign news stations are always much more dramatic... I think it's because in the US our newscasters are posers - "serious professionals that you can count on to be trustworthy and sincere" but are really just hired to be beautiful people that are acting - acting like someone who is natural and real and just can't help their phony expressions of shock. En la otra mano - you have crazy Mexican newscasters that are dramatic and loud and real - they know that they would not have their job if they were not beautiful and make no secret of it.

Whew, it's always nice to start the morning with a dose of reality. I am so done with posers. Fox News - posers. CNN - posers. Motorcycle gang making obscene gestures at me the other day - posers.

Maybe I'll have a morning show one day - "Keeping It Real, America"

No comments: