Friday, June 25, 2010

My dear Audrey, another letter to Ms. Hepburn

"I believe in pink....I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls..."
— Audrey Hepburn

Well Audrey, I agree.....

I believe in pink - light flowy pink skirts on hot and humid summer nights for walking near the water...

and I believe in kissing - a lot! I believe in the awkward first date kiss that you don't exactly see coming - that surprises you and leaves you feeling tingly and giddy as if you were 17 again.

I believe it can really feel like everything is all wrong - that everything you believed in and counted on failed and that you are crumbled and bleeding and on your knees begging for mercy, asking again "why, why, why." And I believe it is possible to find strength in  yourself, to overcome, and to sport your scars with pride for having withstood pain that you never could have imagined living through.

Audrey, I believe I'm beautiful. I feel it. Radiating from my core, reflecting back in the mirror. So much has changed - and yet, my eyes still sparkle blue, my step still holds a spring of my own, and my smile can melt people on contact. Thanks for helping me through, and reminding me to wander on with feminine grace and poise.

I've cleaned up a few blog posts - gotten rid of the "hidden agenda" if you will.

There are certain things that cleanse you - hot bubble baths, lush soaps, returning voided love letters, and deleting the bitter snide remarks from your blog - you know, the ones that were carefully crafted just in case he still follows it.

Yes, Audrey, happy girls are the prettiest girls, but it takes finding peace in your heart to be a truly lovely young woman.

1 comment:

thinkpink said...

I just saw this quote for the first time a few days ago and loved it! so happy you found it.

I for one, appreciated the snide remarks, but am glad you got rid of them for your happiness!