NEW ORLEANS - A 26-year old woman was reported to be stuck in an elevator for approximately 20 minutes today (her birthday) before three security guards released her from the poorly-ventilated prison. As the elevator sank from it's limbo between floors 16 and 17 and opened it's doors on floor 15, the birthday girl was seen crouching in the corner - a cell phone in one hand and a cafe au lait in the other. When asked if she was ok, she responded, "Oh yes, I just wanted to keep my knees bent in case the elevator free-fell - I'd hate for it to crash and for my knees to get pushed out of my skin. But I have my coffee and a good story to share with my friends and a really good book, so I am good."
The woman stepped out of the elevator and asked, "Um, in the future, is that a situation in which it would be appropiate for me to push the 'Emergency Call' button - because it wasn't a real emergency - not like I was having a baby or something. And I didn't want to set off any alarms, but that was a first for me and just wasn't sure...."
The guards reportedly responded with a resounding "YES."
###
No comments:
Post a Comment