Saturday, July 11, 2009

Good Karma

My cat Peek-a-boo has been missing for over a week now. I've struggled to fight away the darkest imaginings of a too trusting innocent animal in a world of unspeakingly cruel human beings....I won't delve into the horrors of stories plastered all over the humane society website. But it would break my heart to think of anything bad happening to sweet Peeks. I'm sure he's either off on a successful hunting trip or has been adopted into a very loving family, maybe a family that has a large aquarium of entertaining fish for him to watch.

Wherever he is, it isn't here right now and having so many kitty things around the house was just sad. I had kitty on the brain I guess and dreamt about rescuing a little orange cat on the side of the road one night. Two days later, when I was checking Peek-a-boo's post on Craigslist, I saw the little orange kitten from my dream. He came from a barn full of feral flea-ridden cats and was rescued with his litter-mates and de-fleaed. He's nestled in bed with me right now and Huck is down at the foot of the bed.

Kitty just needs a name. Right now, I'm toying with Ringo, Tom, Doc Holiday, and Rugby. He's a little orange ball of fluff with white paws and a white chest. I figure what's better Karma than saving a baby kitten?

Maybe the positive energy radiating from my house will bring Peek-a-boo kitty back, and if not, Huckleberry loves his brand new baby brother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he came back :) and for pete's sake erin give this cat a manly name. i would run away too if mine name was peek a boo :))))