Please excuse my spelling for this entry. Usually I write everything in Microsoft Word so that I can spell check it and copy and paste onto my blog. that way I don't look like an idiot. ALTHOUGH I read once, somewhere, that geniuses can't spell at all. Of course, the same source cited Jack the Ripper's Diary and said neither can serial killers. Well I've never tourtured small animals (besides baptising a kitten once, but that was really in her best interests) and I have yet to actually kill someone (though once a month the threats to do so abound! but really, that's normal.....right?) So, if my logic is correct, I must be a genius.
Yes, a genius who accidently deleted vital files for running Microsoft Office yesterday in an attempt to make my computer run faster. Well, my computer runs great, but I don't have Microsoft Word anymore or iTunes.
I have a puppy. I have concluded that the cuteness inherit in every puppy is the only thing that redeems them. I can only think of one other creature that would be allowed to crap on my rug, chew on my hair, fingers, and well, most other appendages, sleep on my pillow, pee in my car, cry for no apparent reason, take my attention away from work, friends, boyfriend and books, lovingly drool all over my face and that creature is a baby that would have come from my own loins. Yeah, this little punk is lucky he is cute. His name is Huckelberry, but I never know how to spell it. Huckelberry or Huckleberry? He is a Beagle. (or Beagel?) and not only my first purebread dog, but my first "little dog." I've always had rescued lab mixes.
Huck is a new adventure. I keep tripping over him on our walks (he yips and makes me look like a puppy-beater in front of the general public). Sometimes he lays in the grass and when I don't notice, I look back and realize that I've been dragging him by his little harness. It's like one of those old Westerns when you see a cowboy being dragged through the dirt by his runaway horse because a snake spooked it. He also is having a very difficult time with the concept of "puppies go potty outside." I've read 4 books on puppy training and watched every episode of The Dog Whisperer they have at Blockbuster. I've faithfully crate trained (it worked like a dream with my last puppy Maisy----of course she was a freak of nature and was house broken in 3 days). It's starting to look like there is something very wrong with the puppy I got. Of course, I got 7th pick of the litter. Every other puppy had found a home by the time I found Huck. My mom thinks he has ADD. Observations over the past 3 weeks would concur with her diagnosis. Right now, he is crying because he wants to sit on my keyboard. That's my cue to exit stage right and play some pre-bedtime tug of war....
1 comment:
my dog was kind of house-trained in 2 weeks, and then maybe all the way house trained in one month, and then really trustable at about 2 months. and she was an adult adoptee.
hang in there. their bladders are small, so you have to really get to know the signs and be totally vigilant (ears back, sniffing, circling, whatever).
Post a Comment