Saturday, April 10, 2010

Upping the Ante

I'm not a Clinique Happy girl anymore - I've been one for 10 years and it was time for a change.

As of today, I'm Chanel.

Chanel Chance to be specific - perfect for the summer. I'll probably change to Madmosielle for the autumn/winter seasons.

I've traded in my girlish fantasies of Tiffany's for Cartier (for the record, I've never been a Jared's or Kay girl)

No more Chardonnay or Merlot from California, but Savignon Blanc from Austrailia and Malbec from Argentina

And this summer, it's not Block Island, it's Martha's Vineyard.

But there are some things that won't change:

I'll enjoy a night in with good company, chinese takeout and a blockbuster movie

I love my 15 year old station wagon

A pot of coffee and a crossword puzzle book will occupy me for an entire Saturday morning

I'll spend less on my sofa than I will on my sunglasses (Sofa = Ikea, Sunglasses = Ray Ban)

I'll watch Law and Order but have to sleep with pepper spray and a cell phone on my night stand.

1 comment:

t. said...

i downgraded: this new $8 wine is my fave! (all wine here is expensive. $8 in guam is the equivalent of america's two-buck-chuck).