Wednesday, September 2, 2009

more thoughts on sunset....

Have you seen the sunset


From a point far away from the jagged edges of the earth
An isolated spot where land dares not to grow
Where your solitude in space
Is understandable by the full curvature of the horizon
That fills your sights



There is nothing else but sunset here

Sunsets in melting colors

Warm and cool

The alleged flash of green?

Swirling together

From clear and defined strata

To one

Single

Solitary

Vast

darkness



The power of the sun

Dwarfed by the might and vastness of the ocean
And nothing more
And nothing less
Than nothing...but that can't be right



I am ashamed to say I've seen it

With my undeserving eyes

That appreciated every lasting second

Of the setting sun



But cursed each day

I was afforded the privilege



For it cost too much.



And now I have my sweet memories,

The sunsets

The stars

The solitude and peace

Quickly fading images

Still burned in my mind's eye



But I'd trade them all in

For what I'd lost

At sea.

1 comment:

Faded Ninja said...

This is VERY awesome. I was lost in your words. And BTW... In regards to your comment, I'm sure you got just as much out of it as I have... that day, I focused on the what I wrote about only to keep my sanity. Sometimes its the little things which help you get through the day that end up holding your hand through chaotic periods of existence. Hah. That was one of those days. I know you know those days. Hope all is well. We should talk soon... u/w soon. Peace.