I bought a piano today. A beautiful baby grand in the deepest ebony and ivory. I don't know why I've never taken piano lessons before...as soon as I touched the keys, I knew....there was a connection...as if my fingers were not mine own....but of Mozart or Bach or Bethoven or Chopin. Finally, a talent I had discovered within myself that I didn't have to practice and practice in a vain attempt to immitate another. I could play piano! I was born to play piano! Why did I ever fool with the guitar when there is such a piano....a tool used to express the most delicate of human emotions....(ok the guy in the movie I am watching is really the one with the piano...and talent).
I re-opened my doggie bakery today, specializing in peanut-butter-bacon treats. I'm sure I could have many many customers if I wanted them....I mean, Huckleberry just gobbles them up. For dinner, he enjoyed carot-green bean puree with chicken, sweet potato and bacon grease. I treated my palet to a delicacy near forgotten to modern socitey. A classic meal that has withstood the test of time, through the cultures, through the centuries. Sweet, light, tender, satisfying, but not over-filling. Flavorful with hints of spices from the old world....convienet enough for the stove-top of the new world: (ok so it was Lentil Soup and a piece of cheese toast). Delightful.
I've also found myself engaged in a charming relationship with a dear German man. While this relationship is not romantic in nature (his nose is pointy, his hair receeding and his eyes bear a ferocity that I would expect in a blue-eyed grizzly bear). Not to mention the language barrier. Unfortunately for him, the only word I can speak in German is "nein." So we wouldn't really get anywhere... However, I see him stuggling so desperately with the German socialistic ideals of the early 1980's and his real human connections with the very suspects he has been ordered to spy on. I see him struggling to fill the emptiness in his soul with prostitutes and novels. Yet, I am feeling so strongly connected to him because I see art working on and in this man. Not only do I feel my faith in human nature being restored brick by brick, I find inspiration to pursue my own artistic yearnings (ref. first paragraph about desire for piano). Oh, and completely unrelated to this paragraph....I highly recommend the movie "Other People's Lives" you'll find it in the foreign films section.
1 comment:
Your faith in humanity is restored? Really? I'm pretty sure you have a good bit of road rage stocked up in you.
By the way, I saw no baby grand piano when I picked up Huck (aka Psycho) today... just saying.
Finished "Three Cups of Tea" and I recommend it to anyone who wants to save the world. Hint: if you start saying you're saving the world by building schools in Pakistan and Afghanistan in this blog, I'll know where you got it from.
Post a Comment