I promise you, 2010 that this year I will age. I will mark my 26th birthday in August. And I will mature. I will become old enough to crawl up into my attic and search for the giant badger that I am sure has taken permenant residence there. I will also invest in more expensive face cream to fight off the tinge of wrinkles and worry-lines as I continue through my MID-TWENTIES. I will also stop buying "kid" cereals like Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Honey Nut Cheerios. And I will learn how to watch horror and action movies without closing my eyes or leaving the room or having nightmares.
I promise you, 2010 that this year I will be more responsible. I will not drive my car until the gas light comes on and then cry when I can't find my wallet and I have to pay for $2.67 in gas with the change in my ash tray. I will write down appointments and remember them, rather than reschedule all of them because I double book myself all of the time. I will start balancing my checkbook by hand rather than trusting online banking with my whole heart. I will make real lists before I go to the super market.
I promise you, 2010 that this year I will learn. I'll take at least one class. I will continue my education. I will learn how to make cheesecake. I will learn how to use an electric drill and other tools besides a hammer and a screwdriver. I will learn how to style my hair. I will learn and practice yoga. I will learn how to change a flourescent light bulb. I will learn about life, love and politics. I will learn about the world surrounding my existance.
I promise you, 2010 that this year I will embrace happiness. I will laugh until my stomach hurts. I will seek friendship. I will take more pictures. I will dance without shame, drink as responsibly as needed and eat without hating myself for every calorie.
I promise you, 2010 that this year I will discover. I will discover my favorite New Haven coffee shop. I will discover new ways and paths to get there. I will discover new friends and lovers and I will discover new sides to myself.
I promise you, 2010 that this year I will lose. I will lose another 10 pounds or more and I will lose my keys. I will lose at least one earring and I will feel like I've lost my mind. I will lose arguments. I will lose at board games. I will lose my way and I will find a new way back.
I promise you, 2010 that this year I will see. I will see beautiful sunsets and rises. I will see the seasons as they change. I will see with my heart. I will see from a new perspective. I will see the humanity in others. I will see the suffering and sorrow where before I averted my eyes. I will see if I can keep that promise.
I promise you, 2010 that this year I will live. I will live with passion. I will live through pain and heart break. I will live with dissapointment. I will live despite all odds. I will do more than merely survive or exist. I will live actively. I will live with hope and strength. I will live in the moment and I won't count down the days until my life really starts anymore.
I promise you, 2010 that this year will not end as it is starting. I have 365 days to change my life, I will not stay stagnant, nor shall I come full circle. I will pursue greatness. I will find my way. And I promise that everything will be different next year, well except for those things that always stay the same.
I promise to try my best.
2 comments:
if you get even 5% of those, that's awesome. let me know when you find out how to style your hair, too. i always suck at that. thank god for ponytails.
my favorite one which i think you should try your hardest to accomplish is "I will live in the moment and I won't count down the days until my life really starts anymore." i contemplated a variation of this for my resoltion but dont think i can pull it off. i am so SICK of hearing people say "i cannot wait" or "wish it was friday" or "thank god its the weekend" etc. i am especially inundated with it through facebook. when you see how many people are always counting down to events it really is depressing because you have all these people who arent living in the moment and arent living each moment of their life to the fullest.
also, let me know if you find any good face creams. im in the market as well.
Post a Comment